Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Patty Griffin | Austin CIty Limits

I have this friend... who really only calls me for one reason... to tell me that he has spare tickets to Austin City Limits tapings. On Monday at 6:26PM my phone rang.... it was Daniel:

me: Hello!?!?
daniel: Hey... what are you doing in the next two hours?
me: nothing (which wasn't exactly true...I had a meeting)
daniel: well...Patty??
me: NO
daniel: YES
me: NNNOOOO
daniel: YYYEESSS!!... but you have got to get here to get the tickets in the next 30 mins!
me: I will make it happen!! Let me call you back...


click.


I hang up...cancel my meeting.... instruct my husband (who has our only car) to drive like heck to get over to Daniel for the tickets (across town)... come back across town to the house, pick me up.... get back over to the studio, park... and be in line to be let in at 7:40PM.
We cut it close but... we made it...and it was UNBELIEVABLE!!!


Here is a pic of Buddy Miller...Patty Griffin...Emmy Lou Harris....Shawn Colvin... what a treat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment